Monday, September 17, 2012

August 28, 2012


This week has been pretty good. Last week the summer heat just about put me in the grave but it's better now. On monday this week it started to get a lil cooler, at least at night. So I can finally sleep well. This last week has also been tough as I have been struggling with allergies. Something in the air here that drives me crazy.
 
We had something really cool happen this sunday in church. Unexpectedly we had someone come to Church for the first time. A 37 year old black lady we had met on the street a few weeks back. She's lived in Italy for 21 years, speaks perfect Italian and has 2 kids born here. She even has a car. She was just so friendly with everyone! The ward loved her. I've never seen anything like it. Her first time in church and she just acted like she had known all the members for a lifetime. She said hi to everyone. Going out of her way to meet people. She loved the two classes after sacrament meeting. She told us that she was searching for a church to raise her children in. We showed her the primary classes and she seems really interested. I hope this miracle will actually end up going somewhere. 
 
Do you remember me mentioning our investigator, **********? We saw him again yesterday and had a really good Plan of Salvation lesson. Dad, remember that story from your mission that you would always tell me about that lady you met with the cats? How the cats came up to you and jumped on your lap during the lesson and it was a sign to the lady you were teaching that you were good people? Hah well the EXACT same thing happened to me this week with ****** and his cat. During the lesson the cat came up slowly slowly licking our fingers and ****** was just astonished. He told us that when there are strangers in the house you will never see the cat again. Later in the lesson the cat jumped up on the table and layed down right in front of us and let us pet him. You should have seen ******** face when his cat did that. And he, himself told us that we must be good people beacuse his cat can tell. Your story instantly came into my mind when this happened. 
 
This Monday we did family home evening with the ********* family. We came over and I taught them how to make Chocolate Chip Cookies, ate dinner and had a spiritual thought. They asked us what we usually do on P-days here in Alessandria cause there's not much to do here. (Alessandria really is probably the most unimpressive city I've seen in italy). But I love it still because of all the awesome members we have here. So they wanted to do something with us for P-day. We are going to drive in their car down to Genova together today. Should be an awesome trip.
 
I'm sorry to hear about the water heater problems you had this week. The timing just sounds awful without Dad there to save the day. I think we take for granted how talented Dad really is. How many Dads are there in the world who know how to do literally everything like Dad does? I'm sorry to hear about the chunk of change it will cost too! That's ridiculous.
 
Well I hope the boys are having a great first week at school! I pray for them always and my thoughts were especially with them this monday as they both started new schools.
 
Travis wrote me this week. It was so good to hear from him. He really is just such a good guy.
 
Well I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support!
 
Anz. Mendel
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment