Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 2

Hey Mother and Family!

Its P day Tuesday again and I can write to you. I wrote you a letter already today a pretty long letter that's in the mail right now. But I'll make the most of my email time. I just got back from the temple. I did sealings   with a few missionaries from my group and it was an awesome experience. My first time doing sealings. I think I did over 20 names.

So how are things at the house? Was Kelsey's wedding just spectacular? The Highrise thingy at the U is where the brighton winter formal dance was.  I'm so thankful for the packages that I got this week. Awesome stuff. The calendar! you went overboard. The week for me has been pretty good honestly.  Ive found my grove and style and I am no newbie anymore. I Just got back from the bookstore and will be sending you some pictures in 2-3 days. Ive got some really good ones. I said this in my letter home but It'd be awesome if you could print some pictures off of Facebook of all my friends and then of course of you my family. (riley too) I have a space in my room to put up pictures and its looking pretty bare.

How was the valentines Day? Did dad do something nice for you? I'm sure he did. Davis I'm sure is on his game. Did Dani have a valentine? Justin.... Your too young. :) I've really been getting into the Book of Mormon here at the MTC, I have so much time in the classroom a day. (12 hours of class each day) I love the transformation of Alma the Younger. He never loses faith after he saw that angel like laman and lemual did.

On Mondays we do a exercise called TRC(Training Resourse center) and we give lessons to proxy investigators. This last week was awesome. I thought E. Taggart and myself did a great job teaching about the restoration and even though it wasn't real the Spirit was really strong. We gave him challenges to read and pray about the book of mormon and showed him Moroni 10:3-4. It was great. Italian... well Italian. It's hard to judge where I'm at with Italian because everyone is at different places. So many people here have past experiences with Italian or a foreign language. The older group of Italians got there flight plans and they leave this upcoming Tuesday. So exciting! But really sad at the same time. I've grown to love and admire many of them. They are really helpful and its gonna be tough to see them go. We'll be the oldest Italians here. Did I say that there are 38 more Italians coming in 3 weeks I think. Crazy. The older 2 districts have only Milan missionaries so 12 of them are on the same flight. They fly to Denver, to Frankfurt and then to Milan. Quite the journey.

My Time is running up look forward to my letter which says much more in the coming days. I Love you all. Keep sending your prayers and letters. Letters are like Gold around here. Candy is Free. Seriously everyone is trying to get rid of their candy. Cant wait to hear back from you. Tell me everything that's going on, especially your lives.

Salve!

Elder Mendel

No comments:

Post a Comment