Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Triumph

Dear Family,

So I passed my test. I officially know my way around a kitchen. The turkey turned out amazing! Absolutly perfect. And don't worry, the whole process was very well documented. I ended up having so many different recipes and hints, I just studied them all and went for it. Not following any particular recipe. Turned out amazing so I was really happy. We ended up having turkey, the sausage stuffing (my favorite dish for sure) mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, sweet corn, we all ate til we were on the floor dead and then Anz. P***** made peach cobbler for dessert. We had such a great time making the Thanksgiving meal and being together as missionaries. I missed you all so much but we made the most of our situation and had a great time ourselves. Definitely a Thanksgiving to remember. I would say my favorite part
of the night was after we ate. We, like usual, went around the table and said what we were thankful for this year. And then after, we went around the table saying what things we were thankful for about each other. For example. W******, B******* and P****** all said things
that they were thankful about me and so on in a circle. It was a really spiritual experience as we talked about our times together spreading the Gospel and thanking God for all that we have been blessed with. We have been eating Turkey like crazy all week and we still have tons left. Nothing like fresh turkey sandwiches.

So we are not moving in yet. We needed a few more things before we could move in. Like gas, electricity and mattresses. We have all but the last now and we are waiting for the Assistants to come bring us some this weekend. So after that we should be able to move over there within a week or so. We have the keys already-- its all on us when we want to move. But it is the end of the month and our monthly train/bus passes won't be valid anymore.

The new address is Via Caterina Di Siena 46. If you want to google earth it or something. I dont think it's a good idea to send stuff there with transfers so close. Probably just send everthing to the mission home from now on.

Yes, I would like that DVD, that would be awesome to see.

The weekend in NYC sounds awesome! Have fun. I don't see Dad allowing a crazy drunk guy on the subway to bug you guys this time.

N***** is doing really good. He's making good progress. We brought him to a Ward party this last friday in Bologna. He seemed to have enjoyed himself. All is good there.

Well, Love you tons. Have a great holiday season. Tell me how Dutch Christmas goes.

Anz. Mendel

No comments:

Post a Comment