Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 3, 2012

Well It has been a great week, especially with Conference weekend which always is such a great recharge of the batteries... We saw some miracles this week and I'm excited to tell you all that happened.

If you remember my email the previous week, I expressed my
dissapointment for losing an investigator who was really making progress, who came to church and pretty much asked us to be baptised. His name is Z*****, and we found him... And the story is quite interesting why we weren't able to find him for so long... So last week, right after I sent my email to you, I got a call from our ward mission leader. He said, I'm in the hospital, my son had an accident on his scooter, don't worry he's fine but I saw your investigator Z*****. He's in the hospital, you should go see him tomorrow. So the next day we went and found him. He had been in the hospital for the last 8 days. Right after we saw him and gave him a baptisimal date, the next day he was at the hospital visiting a friend. He looked outside the window and saw that someone was trying to steal his bike that was locked up to a pole on the street. So he went out to stop the man from stealing his bike. The man pulled out a knife from his pocket and stabbed him in the chest. In the heart to be more specific. 3 centimeters into his heart. He lost 2 liters of blood. He was right
next to the hospital so he got medical attention rather quickly but yeah. He was stabbed for his bike. Almost died. It's a miracle that he is still alive... He's out of the hospital now. We have seen him almost every day. Crazy huh!

As for conference. It's funny I loved the same talks you did. Elder Hallstroms on the Gospel v. Church was amazing as well as Pres. Uchtdorfs Stop it talk... It was a great conference... Overall I thought most of the messages were really just basic basic basic doctrine. Must be what the world needs right now. I didn't now what I was really looking for this conference but I knew when I heard it I would know exactly what it was. I found it. In Elder Hales talk again.
He talked about Personal conversion and how living our covenants will ensure our personal conversion to the Gospel... Personal conversion has been a topic of study and concern for me lately as I reflect on what really matters in the long run and whether my faith and personal conversion now is strong enough to face the storms and trials that surely lie ahead and for that matter that lie behind me. So I really felt touched by the spirit when he talked about our
covenants, and renewing them often. And then of course Elder Holland blew it out of the water again. His messages are always so profound and well delivered.

Anz. O***** and I are doing great. He's a good friend and a good missionary.

This week we were in the park talking to people on benches. We sat down with this older man and just started talking to him about life and religion. Basic questions. He wasn't interested during our presentation you could say but during it I saw this lady was staring
at us intently in the bench across the sidewalk almost laughing to herself trying to hear what we were saying and whether or not the man would accept it or not. After our invite with the man we walked over to the edge of the park and got a drink from the fountain. Then talked about who else we wanted to invite in the park. I looked at the woman who was staring at us during the last invite and said. "let's go invite her and see how awkward it will be" We walked up to her she was smiling the whole way and I braced myself for the rejection. She said "oh hello, I'm glad you came to talk to me, I'm curious what you have to say" Wow! She went on to ask us what is the difference from her church (catholic) and ours... We taught her for at least 30 min on the park bench. For me, I think it was the most beautifully given lesson on the restoration I have ever taught. My comp and I worked great together splitting up the principles. We talked about the primitive Church of Jesus Christ, To the restoration, The First Vision everything and she agreed with us on everything! She told us how she sees all these
faults with the catholic church and was just really open. We presented the Book of mormon and told her through this book you can now the truth of the restoration. The spirit was so strong. She knew what we were saying was true and she knows how corrupt the catholic church is but she still wasn't willing to change. She still rejected the message...It's so sad how the apostasy has just taken hold of so may people.

Well thats about it for this week... Love you all so much! have a great week!

Anz. Mendel

Ps. I will run out of deodorant at the beginning of May... Hint....

And of course Buon Pasqua! have a great easter!

1 comment:

  1. Camille, I'm sure you've already told Trevor this but I can't believe how many people I met in Japan who had been contacted or told about the church previously but weren't ready at the time. He is definitely sowing seeds! Many people have to be contacted many times until they are really ready to hear. He seems to be working so hard and doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete