Friday, October 26, 2012

October 23, 2012


Well, Thanks for your letters. That southern Utah trip sounds like a blast! Can we do it next year too so I can come? The picture was great. Dang those 2 boys have grown up a bit. Not enough to be able to take me but close maybe ;) I miss you all so much and I'm glad you had a great weekend.

As you said I've found a bit of my rhythm her in Fireze. I can get around now and I'm learning more of the members. This Branch is a lot different than the others I've served in. I don't know how to explain it. Just has a different mood to it. This Sunday I gave a talk in church, 15 mins on missionary work. So pretty much open topic. I talked about the influence of a member on missionaries. I kind of grafted off of a talk by Elder Holland. The one a few years back where he thanks the church for all that they do. I listed off all the things that missionaries are thankful for that come from the members. Shared a few stories of how certain members in my mission have made my day or even changed my life. It was a hit, everyone loved it. I think It might be easier for me to give a talk on gospel principles in Italian then it will be in english when I get back.... I'll have to warm up my english speaking skills. 

Well a normal day for us here in Firenze. We are usually able to set up 2 to 3 appointments with investigators, less actives or a member and then time in between is usually spent in parks and on the street talking to people. I haven't knocked one door yet in Firenze. I love all the variety of parks here in the city. Alessandria had zero parks so I'm making up now for the lack of parco done in Alessandria. OH and speaking of Alessandria, ****** and ******* were baptized last week, ******* will have to wait til March to turn 8 but that was really exciting to hear about. 

For P-day we have always just walked around in the market and around the Cathedral Down town. Usually another companionship comes in to visit so we have always been in company. For example my good ole Anz. Memmott came to Firenze last p day and we chilled together. Today we are going to play basketball with the other elders in the city. 

This week we found a new investigator to teach named *******, She is kind of an emotional wreck but she has a sad story so I don't want to be too heartless with her. She is in her late 50s or early 60s and her 2 sisters have died in the last 3 months. So she is just mourning and needs someone to talk to. This would be the perfect situation to bear hardcore T about the Plan of Salvation but its just been impossible to get a word in with her. She just goes on and on with stories and endless tears. We speak for 10 seconds and she interrupts into another story. At this point she has the address of the church and said she will come. If she does we will see, if not I don't know if we will see her again. We don't even have her number to set something up. 

That House looks amazing! That's like fairy tale kind of stuff! I'm so exicted! We will really be there for a week! So cool! I can't wait to plan that trip out! I'm glad we are going to see Alessandria. I think that is the city I want to go to the most. If we are just in 6 when we go there I prob could find sleeping arrangements for all of us. Really It wouldn't be a problem. 

Well I can't beleive Davis is 16! All of your kids are growing up! Make sure those 2 boys aren't getting sassy with you or when I get home there's gonna be some pain! ;) I love you all! Have a great week! 

Ps. In the markets there is lots of really cool stuff that I can't bargain down unless  I buy a lot together. I need to start looking out for some gifts I can bring home for you all. Does Dad need a nice italian belt? or any of the boys for the matter.. Or even you mom. A bag? Leather jacket? I dont know what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment