Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 5, 2012

Thanks for the email, it was great reading. Sounds like a full week. So what are the plans for the summer months? Going anywhere? or is the big trip going to be for next year? I'm sure Davis and Justin are happy school is over, Also Dani for that matter. 

So I've been here in Alessandria for about a week now. It's been a different experience, but I'm liking it so far. Alessandria from what I've heard and seen is one of the best wards in Northern Italy. This sunday we had a good 80-100 people in sacrament. This is definitely not something I am used to. Ferrara and Mantova for 11 months of my mission. As predicted with the normal way things go around transfers there is no work in Alessandria. I mean, we have no investigators or even contacts. This however, is no shock to me seeing as I have never been transfered to a city with previous investigators. So this means just more and more finding work. The ward has been known to give good referrals to the missionaries. So hopefully those will come. The city isn't too big. But it's a good size bigger then Mantova or Ferrara but not by much. The Apartment is in a good location in centro and the Church isn't far from it, as with the train station. So it's a good set up. It's been nice weather since I have been here. Warm but not too hot. I've asked some members and they've told me it doesn't get too hot here during the summer months. 30-35 C. Instead of a consistent 40C which we endured in Bologna. Excited about that. The apartment is definitely the smallest apartment I've ever served in but it's still decent size. I've been really lucky in the mission getting nice apartments. 

As for my companion, Anz. Dustin Memmott. He's from Salem, Utah. And he's a really nice guy. He is in his 3rd transfer and he's really progressing fast with the language. He speaks really well, I was shocked. I don't think we need to worry about me being a tough follow up trainee. 

It was tough leaving Mantova, It really hit me when I was putting my stuff away in the new Alessandria apartment. I guess I'm just not the biggest fan of change. It's just hard. I know it's good for me and I'm really excited to be here it's just all new and time has slown down a bit. It's not flying like it did back in Mantova. Time just flew there. With time when I find my rhythm here time will pick up again. 

We went to Torino (Turin) today for P-day. It was fun. We were only there for a few hours. Just kinda walked around with the ZLs. We have Awesome ZLs here. Both friends of mine in the mission. 

Thanks for the updates. I hope you are all well! Love you all so much! 

Anz. Mendel 

No comments:

Post a Comment