Wednesday, June 20, 2012

May 15, 2012

Well, It's only been a few days since we talked, but a good amount has happened. Monday was a pretty successful day. We did a lot of strada and invited tons of people. I'm at that point with my invites that I have no fear to approach different types of people and the usual rejection isn't really that life shattering, hah. We were doing Street contacts along the boardwalk around the lake and we passed this super attractive girl in her 20's reading a book on a bench alone. We didn't walk up and talk to her right then and then on the way back she was still there and still reading. Dang she was good looking and not just because I have missionary goggles. We're talking almost goddess. We see her from afar, I reach into my backpack pull out the BOM and walk up to her. I asked simply "do you like to read?" "yes" she replies and then I presented the BOM for about half hour really we talked on the bench, she was really nice and really wanted to read the book. Her name was J****** from Suzzara, 20 Min south of Mantova. I gave her the BOM and hopefully she will call us after she reads it. If not It was a really good seed planted. 

Yesterday, did a scambio with Anz. Neff here in Mantova. We had some good success too. We stopped this Brazilian man in the park at a bench and were talking to him about the BOM when one of his friends walked up from Bangladesh. He spoke Italian, but better English. So we kinda did a double teach. I talked to the guy from Bangladesh in English and Neff was teaching the Brazilian. The whole time I was trying to focus on the Italian conversation because that guy seemed more interested than the guy I was talking to, meanwhile teaching and listening in English. It was too weird. Thinking and speaking and listening changing languages every second. We ended up getting return appointments with both of them. 

Well I loved our call this Sunday, Please forgive my bad english at times and my repetitive words I used. I think I used the word "obviously" too much out of context. I feel like people use that word in Italian too much and In english it kind of has a negative effect. So if you noticed... sorry. 

One thing that I really wanted to say but never ended up and I'm really angry at myself for not was to express my immense love and appreciation for your support, financial and spiritual. Your prayers and more or less everything you do for me. I am the luckiest missionary in the world to have such a loving family who keeps great contact with me and makes so many sacrifices on my behalf. I love my family. 

Thats about all. Be safe and I will talk to you next week. 

Ps. Dang the boys are growing up fast. Even though it seems they still have their temper tantrums. :)

Anz. Mendel 

No comments:

Post a Comment