Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 19, 2012


Dear Family,
 
Yes, I do agree the weeks just fly on by. This is my 3rd P day now in Alessandria. Feels like I just barely arrived. And then again at the same time. I've done a lot of long days full of finding work. This week we have seen some good success and I will be sure to fill you in on them.
 
For starters, do you remember me telling you about M*****, She was a lady we found on the street and then had a great lesson with her later that week in the church. Well she sorta fell off the face of the planet. We have been calling and calling. Not trying to be too persistent but we have just been trying to contact her. Almost 2 weeks passed without hearing from her. I didn't understand either. We had an amazing lesson with her. She took the BOM and set up another appointment and then just nothing. I've been praying for the last 2 weeks to just be able to talk with her. Get some closure. If she doesn't want to see us ever again okay I just wanted to know. Well, my prayer was answered this morning. On our bikes on the way to go do our groceries we saw each other on the side of the street. She actually stopped us. We found out she has been busy busy planning her daughter's wedding and hasn't found the time. Then she told us she will be out of town for the next month and that we can call her when she gets back in town. I asked if she was reading and she said she was so i'm happy. It's not the best news but hey, all I asked for was closure and I got it. We will see how things work out at the end of July when she gets back. It will be here in no time.
 
In other news, we found another investigator last week and had a return appointment with him a few days ago. We found him knocking doors in an area just outside the city. He's an italian man in his 40s named E*********. Really excited about him. We find a lot of people and teach them once set up a return appointment and then nothing. Now we have a 3rd appointment with him and we will start an official teaching process with him. We'll see how it goes.
 
Thanks for telling me about your week. I really like the story that missionary told and then the Father's day surprise. So... Ashley and Miranda are coming to the missionay mom's lunch huh? That should be interesting... Ashley and Miranda have been my best writers by far! I guess they've been my only consistent writers thoughout the mission. So you will have to let me know how the lunch went okay?
 
Tell dad Happy Father's day for me and sorry that I didn't say it in advance. Honestly I couldn't remember when Father's day was. And don't really have the means to find out.
 
The main difference between Alessandria and other cities is just the size of the ward. 130 people in church makes such a difference in our lives as opposed to 15, 20. It's such a different part of Italy too. The culture is a tad bit different, the dialect is impossible to understand. We've had some lessons where the people we are talking to when they speak to us speak Italian and I understand 100% and then when they turn and talk to each other I understand closer to 20% Crazy.
 
Tell Tiffiny thanks for the gift. That was really nice of her. I love you all so much and have a great week.
 
Ps. Your supposed to give me an NBA update. It's the finals after all. Luckily there are members here that watch NBA.
 
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment