Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting Transferred to Bologna

Caro Madre,

Hey, I hope you're having a great time with your family in Boise.  That's so awesome that Payton is in our ward now! Way cool.  So when does he leave? That's sweet, I love Payton.  He's a really good kid.

That's so crazy about Jake's call to Australia.  What more can you ask for? Foreign, exotic, and speaking English. So sweet.  Sometimes I wish I was speaking English but the funny thing is that teaching in English is harder than doing it in Italian.  Honestly, I like teaching in Italian better.  It keeps things simple and straight to the point which is how it should be.  Sometimes we teach foreigners who only know English or American Families and its really challenging for me.

I'm not fluent yet but almost there.  I understand about everything but I really have to concentrate to do so.  Making my own sentences and responding quickly is my problem.  I catch myself making the sentence in my head before saying it when I want to be able to just say it.  That should take some more time though.

I'll try to take more pictures.  I don't always have my camera with me though.  So it's not always easy.  The pictures that are up on Mobile me aren't even close to the amount of pictures I have.  It just takes forever to upload them on the crappy computers we use.

So I've got big news this week.  Transfer calls came in and I'm staying in Pisa! No just kidding I'm being transferred.  The Lord is sending me to Bologna.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I'm excited to get to know new people and a new area, but I will so so so miss Pisa.  Mostly the members here who are so awesome.  I will miss them so badly and the sad thing is I won't be able to say good-bye to any of them. I'll see a few at English class tonight but not all.  Super sad.  I definitely want to come back here after the mission.  It is super sad.  I'm really nervous too.  I've heard from everyone that 1st transfers really suck.  It's gonna be so hard to learn a new city.  Especially after being the one who knew the city last transfer.  Learning new members will be tough too.

Another thing that will be super different about living in Bologna will be that there are 4 missionaries in Bologna.  Two companionships but we live in the same apartment.  Living with 4 is gonna be so different then living with two.  Potentially a lot more fun but a lot more compromising and stressful as well.  The other two missionaries are zone leaders which I think will be good for me.

Today I'm packing up my stuff and preparing to leave my beloved "Birth" city of Pisa.  I'm probably about half way through with it.   Tomorrow I have a train to catch at 6:05 am to Milano and then I have to go all the way back down to Bologna with my Comp.  So it will be a long day of travels with all my luggage.  Probably a 4:45 am wake up call tomorrow.

This morning I got a call from the Mission office that my Permesso di Sorrgiorno will be ready to pick up this week.  And that I should go pick it up.  I went to the Questura to get it and they said I can come pick it up around 3:00 tomorrow.  Too bad I'm being transferred.  I missed getting it by 1 day! Killer.  That means I'm going to have to come back another time next week to pick it up.  My Permesso is what keeps me legal in the country so I don't get deported.

Today and tomorrow will be some interesting days.  I'll let you all know about it next week.

Have a great time in Boise with the family.

Anziano Mendel

No comments:

Post a Comment