Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 15, 2012


Thanks for your letters this week and the great advice and perspective you gave me. I know that you love me and will always be there for me. Dad was right in his analysis when he said that you worrying for me is not a result of a lack of trust or incapacity on my part but rather a display of charity towards me as your son. I am so blessed to have such supportive parents who sustain me during my mission and will always be there for me. Thank you.
 
This last Saturday we had a member baptism and we really tried our best to get investigators to the event. By the end of the day we didn't have anyone that seemed like they would be able to make it and it was a lil discouraging to pass up an occasion like this to help investigators come closer to baptism. However, at the baptism we had a miracle. About 10 min into the baptism before the actual ordinance our investigator ****** walked into the chapel. I don't know how she did it, She didn't even know exactly where the church was, all she knew was that is was right next to a grocery store. But she made it! she saw the baptism and stayed for refreshments afterwards. She met lots of members and the next day... came to church! We are really excited about her.
 
This Tuesday we had interviews in the beautiful city of Genova, President talked about his main goal as a mission President. "To let the Mission Go 'through you" exactly what Dad talked about in his email; having the mission staked into your heart. Find a testimony that will endure and not be built upon the sand. Later in our personal interview we talked about personality and had a great discussion. I told Pres. how grateful I am for the changes I've experienced in my life and how in my mission I've seen the changes I've made each different city that i've served in. It was a great interview and i'm not just saying it to please you. :)
 
Yesterday, there was a big holiday in Italy called Ferragosto. Basically everyone leaves the cities and goes into the mountains and has a BBQ. So that's what we did we went with the GANS Members of the church 18-30 unmarried and had a BBQ up in the mountains next to a river. It was a lot of fun. I've really made good friends with our ward mission leader. He is 23 years old and is just about to send in his mission papers. So we talk about mission life all the time together. He really is just too bravo and will be a friend for life.
 
What a pleasant surprise to hear that you saw Anz. Parker at Education week. Small world isn't it. Anz. Parker was one of my greatest teachers out here and I miss him loads.
 
Yes there are transfers this next week the 23rd I think. I'm pretty sure that I will stay. I'm not expecting to leave and will be really sad if Pres sends me away. I guess we will see.
 
Great to hear that the Italy trip is still on. If I could put any input in the cities/people that I would want to see are in Mantova and Ferrara (which are right next to each other) and then here in Alessandria. There is a member here that owns a Pizzeria. And he just won this award for the best pizza in italy 2012. He is a pro. And It'd be cool to bring you all to his restaurant. Also coming to Chruch here in Alessandria would be fun too cause there are so many members I could see. Other than that plan it for what you want to see!
 
Love you all so much!
 
Anz. Mendel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment