Thursday, August 16, 2012

July 5, 2012


Hey so sounds like the whole family has had a busy week and the next week will be even busier! Awesome to hear about the 50 mile hike success! Great job Davis! I would love to go on another 50 miler. 21 fish huh!?! Dang. You just are breaking all my records! First the eagle scout project quicker than me and now you've caught more fish then I did. What's next? 

This week has been pretty good for us. Lots of finding work has seemed to be paying itself off. We've found a ton of people to teach this last week and just hope we can keep a good teaching process with them. We talked to this African dude on the street and made an appointment with him for the next day. We arrived and he introduced us to 3 of his friends. We taught them all twice now and they will all be coming to church this week because we've already planned for us to go to their house and walk them there. In other news we taught an Italian family yesterday who were really nice. Catholic but didnt really know much about religion in general. Figures. They took the BOM and promised to start reading it. So finally we are starting to have a teaching pool here in Alessandria. Things are on the up and up. 

Things with the comp are great. Can you believe its already week 5 of the transfer... Transfers are next week.. I will be very sad if my comp gets transfered. You want to know more about my comp? What is there to tell? He's from Salem Utah, He's young in the mission but a champ at Italian. I tried the other day to attach some photos but the crappy computer I'm using won't let me. I'll try other means maybe next week. As for the Ward. Its nice serving with lots of members close. I'm still waiting for the quality member referral "I've got a friend who wants to get baptised" but hey, maybe with time. Lots of members are gone now for the summer vacations but we still have people in church. Many simply aren't able to go anywhere with the way things are here. There is just no work here right now. It seems like almost every other member is out of work. Times are hard . The time has just flown since I got here. A couple days ago I hit 17 months in mission. 6 months to sexy is just 1 month away, lucky for me I'm already working on my physique. 

Right now I'm actually in Genova for P day. From what I've seen so far it's a beautiful city! Hopefully I will get some good pictures and send them to you next week. 

Stinks to hear that there were no fireworks this year. So dry huh? 

I love you all so much. Sorry this email is not the highest quality. 

Anz. Mendel 

No comments:

Post a Comment