Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 8, 2012


This last week has been really discouraging. Mainly because of ********, he was making amazing progress, he was so close! the closest investigator I have had to baptism in a long time. But his progression has stopped. We haven't seen him since Sunday last week. It's been a week and a half. We usually see him three times a week. Last week he told us he couldnt see us til friday. Then Friday he called and cancelled the appointment. Then he told us he would be in church then he didn't come. And now he won't answer at all. The problem is obvious. He can't quit smoking. To have made his bap date he had to be done with smoking by the 7th of August. Last week he realized he couldn't do it so he ran. Too discouraged to even confront us. He's just on the run now. I don't know what I can do when I can't even talk to him. It's just so discouraging. I can't even tell you how many investigators of mine would have been baptised if not for Word of Wisdom problems. Sometimes I feel that its just impossible to baptize.
 
So that has been the main theme of the week. Praying non stop that we can see ******** and he can have a change of heart.
 
The weather is hot and I've been trying to eat better than usual, with my workouts also I been able to lose some weight. Some of my italian belly. Which is nice.
 
I had a few questions this week that I wanted to ask you.
 
With Davis turing 16 soon..what you planning on doing about the car situation? Mom has been driving the civic right? Just a curiousity.
 
One more question. Are we still planning on coming back to Italy next summer? Any news on that?
 
Thanks for the olympics update. Every once in awhile at a member's house or something i see a lil clip. Everyone everywhere is watching it. Makes me jealous but o well.
 
Love you all!
 
Anz. Mendel 

No comments:

Post a Comment