Thursday, August 16, 2012

July 25, 2012


Wow, this week sounds like a blast back home! Everyone together for the Wedding. I'm sad I can't be there with you all but I know why I'm here and it's where I should be. You will have to give me all the details about the wedding next week.
 
I did hear a lil bit about that freak who shot up the place at the Batman midnight showing but I didn't have all the information. Some people in this world. Tell me about the Batman though!! Was it just epic? Better than the 2nd? Don't ruin it for me but still. Give me the juicy news ;)
 
Thanks for the info on the Girls camp. I'm sure it won't be seen in a negative way. The YW stake Pres. here is cool and I don't think will be offended in any way. I'm sure she will be so happy to have all the ideas.
 
So this week for me has been pretty crazy. One of the busiest in my mission. Just crazy stuff happening. Some of which I will expound upon at a later date most likely when I get home. It would just be too hard to get it all down on paper and respond to every question. Know that all is good and we having some great success these days. Our priority investigator is making amazing progress, He is really getting serious about his baptism. This last week we taught him about the 3 things that will help him find a testimony. Reading the BOM, Prayer, and coming to church. And he's doing all the 3. He came to church for the first time this sunday and was able to meet the whole Bishopric and the ward mission leader. I think he had a great time and it was a spiritual experience for him. Yesterday we taught him the Restoration again being a month since he's heard it. Now we are on to the commandments. Mamma Mia it has been a long time since I have had an investigator reach this point in the teaching process.
 
In other news we are teaching this older Italian couple. Not too old but yeah... They're up there. They haven't been keeping their reading commitments and haven't made it to church yet even though they say they want to come. This Saturday night we had a lesson with them and even brought 2 members with us. The daughter of the bishop and her fiance. It was a great lesson with so much personal testimony coming from us and the members about the importance and power of the BOM, and coming to church. They promised they would come to church the following day. So that next morning before I go to church I gave them a call to see if they were on their way. And the wife just flipped out on me. Screaming "I want to come to church but I just can't!!! Too much to do!!! I have to make food and clean my dirty house!!! Non Posso!! non posso!!! this call just made the blood in the veins jump a few degrees. She had just lied to my face less then 12 hours before. So we ended up going over there the next day Monday night. Luckily I was on Scambio with Anz. Higgs 15th transfer and Me 12th transfer. Notorious Box breakers both of us ;) (box breaking is an expression in italian, means to just kind of chasten someone) So we broke their boxes pretty good and they knew it and saw it coming. We sat down at the table and she just had the biggest smile on her face because she knew what was coming. 
 
Give my love to the whole fam for me! Ryan would go and get married while Im gone. I love weddings! Drinks all around!
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment